Member Martin White reviews this month's Whisky: Albion Racing Club British Spiced Malt.
What a name!
Colour:light and unassuming
Nose:strong with some pepper hints
Palate:Lovely and smooth with almost a touch of sweetness
Water:calms it a little more and then takes some of the sweetness out
Finish:great bite after to make sure you remember it. It’s like a game of two halves!
Thank you Martin for being this month’s Whisky Club reviewer.
From the distiller:
The malt is 5 times distilled for ridiculous smoothness and then steeped in vanilla pods, raisins and coffee beans for extra deliciousness. The result is a drink that is beautifully smooth, rounded and with a hint of sweetness. It is unmistakable as a full-proof spirit (42% abv) but a winner for those who want their spirits to actually taste nice!
5 facts that matter:
1. Five times copper pot small batch distilled for ultimate smoothness
2. All English grain – entirely malted barley – no wheat, no oats
3. The wort is rolling boiled for just 1 hour to minimise tannin content
4. Next infused with select Colombian coffee beans, freshly split Indian vanilla pods and succulent organic raisins
5. Filtered to 1 micron and filled under vacuum for maximum quality
Contact Sara on email@example.com to arrange your Whisky Club Membership.