It’s important to prioritize your well-being during pregnancy and postpartum, as these are transformative phases. Let’s explore the benefits of exercising during pregnancy and postnatal periods, as well as the importance of pelvic health physiotherapy. Here are some of the benefits:
1️. Increased Energy and Stamina: Exercise combats fatigue and boosts overall energy levels, helping you cope with the demands of pregnancy;
2️. Improved Mood and Mental Well-being: Physical activity releases endorphins, elevating your mood and reducing stress and anxiety;
3️. Enhanced Strength and Endurance: Strengthening exercises prepare your body for labour, making the process smoother and more manageable.
4️. Reduced Pregnancy Discomfort: Exercise alleviates common discomforts like back pain, swelling, and constipation;
5️. Better Posture and Balance: Exercise improves posture and balance, reducing the risk of falls during pregnancy;
6. Postnatal Fitness: Restoring Strength and Confidence, boosting energy levels, and reconnecting with your body. Make sure you have your 6-week check-up with your doctor first before coming back to exercising.
Prioritizing pelvic health throughout pregnancy and postnatal phases is essential. Consult a pelvic health physiotherapist during both periods to guarantee you will have strengthened pelvic floor muscles, practice proper body mechanics, address pregnancy-related concerns, and recover postnatally.
With all that in mind, our Personal Trainers at the Athletic Department are here to support you every step of the way with:
- Personalized exercise programs tailored to your needs and goals.
- Ensure proper form and technique during exercises.
- Guidance on safe and effective exercises for core and pelvic floor strengthening.
- Ongoing support, motivation, and accountability.
- Collaboration with healthcare providers, including pelvic health physiotherapists.
We also support our members with the “Parental Pause”, a benefit that allows you to put your membership on hold for up to 12 months if you’re expecting a new addition to your family.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you could benefit from this support.