By Member Glenn Thompson
On a beautiful, sunny Monday afternoon, 31 Golfers took part in our first golf day for 2022 at the spectacular St Michael’s Golf Course.
It was great to see so many Members take part in what has been an extraordinarily difficult and unprecedented year for wet weather following the last two years of Covid disruption.
With a shot-gun start at 12:00 midday after a light lunch and friendly banter, the field all departed together and finished together on the challenging layout.
We were well looked after by the Club and found the course in excellent condition in the circumstances. There was plenty of discussion about “what could have been…” but in the end a fun time was had by all.
The winners on the day were as follows:
- Robert Dunn with 38 points
- David Cunneen with 37 points on countback
- Stephen Doorey with 37 points
- Longest Drive: Ryan Murphy
- Nearest to the Pin: Glenn Spratt
The Victor Audette Shield is the ultimate goal each year for our Tattersall’s Golf Members which is the best three scores out of the four games for the year. If you missed game one you can still win by playing in the next three games.
The next games are:
- Elanora Country Club – 12:30 Monday 1 August
- The Australian Golf Club – 08:00 Thursday 13 October
- New South Wales Golf Club – 08:00 Tuesday 8 November
I look forward to many Members and Guests playing in future events.
Yours in golf,