The first Whisky tasting of the year was held Wednesday 27 April and kicked off with a beer from the Veteran Brewing Co. in theme with ANZAC day.
Members of the Whisky Club and their guests were then invited to taste five different whiskies accompanied with an appetizing canape from our own kitchen.
The knowledge and passion of whisky lover Matthew Wooler guided Members through the different taste profiles and tasting notes.
Curious what was on the menu?
- Gospel Solera Rye (Australia)
Grilled pear, blue cheese, pecan crostini
- Thomson Two Tone Release (New Zealand)
Smoked Salmon Mousse, Brie, Cucumber
- Archie Rose single Malt (Australia)
Braised Beef Mushroom Tart
- Michel Couvreur Intravangaza (France/Scotland)
Fig, Mascarpone, Honey, Lavosh
- Steward Old Fashioned Cocktail (Australia, proved by Matt)
Candied Oranges Dipped in Dark Chocolate
Does this sound good to you and want to join our Whiskey Club? Talk to our friendly members of the F&B team or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.